Entry Level Designer/Landscape Architect
Be a part of a Northern Kentucky civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, and planning firm with 75 years of experience. We specialize in commercial, industrial, residential, and municipal design.
Viox & Viox is a family owned consulting firm specializing in civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, and planning. For 75 years, Viox & Viox has provided design services for commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal projects all around the Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati region. Our clients include public entities such as cities, counties, townships, and utility companies, as well as private developers such as home builders and large commercial/industrial development companies. Viox & Viox is seeking a talented and motivated civil engineer who is ready to dive into a variety of projects. This position promises that no two days will be alike! For a deeper understanding of our portfolio of projects, please take a look at our website: www.vioxinc.com.
Viox & Viox has a current team of approximately 30 staff members who travel between our two local offices; one in Northern Kentucky and one right across the Ohio River in Milford, Ohio. Our team of professionals include engineers, surveyors, landscape architects, planners, CAD designers, and administrative staff.
As a staff landscape architect, you will be involved with land planning, layouts, and site design for residential, commercial, industrial, and public / institutional projects. This can include preliminary design tasks, graphic communication, presentations, preparation of detailed construction plans and documents, and construction inspections.
As a part of the Landscape Architecture and Planning Department, you will be making an immediate impact by taking part in a range of projects. You will work closely with the Director of the department, as well as other mentors within the engineering and surveying departments in a collaborative work environment. After an initial period of counsel and instruction, the expectation is that you will meet with clients and lead projects on your own, or with a multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of a well-respected family of professionals who have successfully completed some of the most exciting projects in the region.
At Viox & Viox, we have worked hard to develop our own special culture. We believe that happiness is not necessarily measured by your career success. We stress a work-life balance that our team members appreciate and ultimately enhances their productivity. As a 75-year-old, third generation, family-owned firm, we know that families come first. We also encourage our staff to be involved in their community and with their profession. We encourage all team members join an organization outside of the office. Whether it is a professional or a community outreach group, we know that volunteering is an important part of the human experience and makes for a well-rounded individual. Here’s a round-up of our job benefits:
- A Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package: We offer a competitive salary, 401k with employer match, industry leading vacation / PTO program, medical and dental insurance, employer paid short term disability insurance, life insurance, and bonuses. Viox & Viox pays for licensure fees and professional organization fees.
Not everyone is a fit for our firm. To be seriously considered for this role, please have the following regarding:
- Experience: Entry Level
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited Landscape Architecture program
- Licensing: Possession of a Professional Landscape Architecture license (PLA) or prepared to be on the path to licensure.
- Skills: In this position, you must have the capability to work well on a multi-disciplinary team. You should possess good problem-solving skills. Drafting skills and experience with AutoCAD is required. Software Experience with SketchUp or other similar 3D modeling software, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is encouraged. Hand graphic skills are a plus. You should possess the ability, with some oversight and support, to manage a design project from conception through implementation. Regional plant species knowledge is preferred. You should have the ability and enthusiasm to present project material to clients, government officials, and planning commissions.
- Characteristics: You should be self-sufficient and self-motivated; however, it is essential that you can work well on a team. You will be mentored for a period of time, so you should be able to gracefully receive criticism and feedback about your work.
As you grow into your landscape architect position, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Schematic Design and Concept Plans
- Construction Documents
- Graphic Communication and Presentations
- Project Management
- Project Site Visits and Construction Inspections.
- Attending client meetings.
- Practical problem solving.
- Planning and Zoning Process, Meetings, and Public Hearings
- Planting Plans
- Streetscape Design
- Master Plans
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to email@example.com.