Be a part of a Northern Kentucky civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, and planning firm with nearly 75 years of experience. We specialize in commercial, industrial, residential, and municipal design.
Viox & Viox is a family owned consulting firm specializing in civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, and planning. For nearly 75 years, Viox & Viox has provided design services for commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal projects all around the Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati region. Our clients include public entities such as cities, counties, townships, and utility companies, as well as private developers such as home builders and large commercial/industrial development companies. Viox & Viox is seeking a talented and motivated civil engineer who is ready to dive into a variety of projects. This position promises that no two days will be alike! For a deeper understanding of our portfolio of projects, please take a look at our website: www.vioxinc.com.
Viox & Viox has a current team of approximately 30 staff members who travel between our two local offices; one in Northern Kentucky and one right across the Ohio River in Milford, Ohio. Our team of professionals include engineers, surveyors, landscape architects, planners, CAD designers, and administrative staff. As a part of the engineering department, you will be making an immediate impact by taking part on a menagerie of projects. You will work closely with the head of the department, as well as other engineering mentors who will guide and assist your progress. After an initial period of counsel and instruction, the expectation is that you will meet with clients and lead projects on your own or with a multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of a well-respected family of professionals who have successfully completed some of the most exciting projects in the region.
At Viox & Viox, we have worked hard to develop our own special culture. We believe that happiness is not necessarily measured by your career success. We stress a work-life balance that our team members appreciate and ultimately enhances their productivity. As a 75-year-old, third generation, family owned firm, we know that families come first. We expect much from our staff, but we also understand that with hard work, should also come time to let off steam. We encourage impromptu lunch outings and we love to host monthly lunch parties. And, finally, we want all our staff to be involved in their community and with their profession. We encourage all team members join an organization outside of the office. Whether it’s a professional or a community outreach group, we know that volunteering is an important part of the human experience and makes for a well-rounded individual. Here’s a round-up of our job benefits:
- Dress: We aren’t fussy. No need for high heels or suit and tie here (unless you will be presenting at a conference or speaking at a public hearing which our employees frequently do!)
- Flexibility: We keep official office hours, but you will find team members who come in early so they can leave early to pick up their kids from school or come in late and stay late so they can drop the kiddos off at school in the morning! As long as deadlines are met, we don’t worry about punching a time card.
- Food: Here at Viox & Viox, we love to eat! We frequently bring in lunch and sometimes we add in some fun raffles and games.
- Community Outreach: Get involved! We pay for your professional license fees and your professional organization fees. We send several team members to professional conferences each year. And, we encourage community volunteerism. Our team members are on food pantry boards, school PTA’s, church councils, and city/county government committees.
- Family Atmosphere: We treat each other like family because we ARE a family. We know each other well. We come together in good times and bad. Our low staff turnover rate is evidence of the family culture that we have created.
- Room to Grow as a Professional: We are a small firm. You will never be stuck doing one type of project here. We expect everyone to pitch in on all types of projects. You will broaden your expertise and design experience and become comfortable talking to clients and running meetings.
- A Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package: Notice that we didn’t list this first? Obviously, your salary, insurance, and retirement plan are important to you. It’s important to us too and we take it very seriously. We do an annual review of our compensation packages and we feel like we are competitive within our industry and within the Greater Cincinnati region. But if you don’t fit our culture, then no amount of money will make this the job for you.
Not everyone is a fit for our firm. To be seriously considered for this role, please have the following regarding:
- Experience: At least 1 year in a similar role with comparable goals and responsibilities (civil design experience, preferred). Co-ops count!
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Licensing: Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred. Engineer in Training or Engineer Intern (E.I.T. or E.I.) accepted.
- Skills: In this position, you will work on land development and infrastructure projects that require accurate problem solving and design work from an experienced professional civil engineer. Requires the type of professional that can juggle a variety of civil engineering tasks while providing superior quality client support to private companies and public agencies. Communication skills are a must. AutoCAD or Carlson experience required.
- Characteristics: You should be self-sufficient and self-motivated; however, it is essential that you can work well on a team. You will be mentored for a period of time, so you should be able to gracefully receive criticism and feedback about your work.
As you grow into your civil engineering position, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Designing subdivision and site development projects
- Grading, drainage, and utility design
- Roadway reconstruction design
- Performing hydrology calculations
- Writing technical reports (Ex. Traffic Impact Studies) and letters
- Reviewing construction sites and file inspection reports
- Giving oral presentations to local public agencies, clients, and others
- Practical problem solving
- Client and public agency interaction
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.